About Me

My photo
Young at heart and I keep forgetting my age.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Prevenar Vaccination - it is a must!

FYI this vaccination is not mandatory (yet) by Health Ministry, due to funding issues..

How did I get to know this jab ?

Lately, my kids had fever and cough for over a month. It became worse when my son's fever did not subside. After sought advice, we went to see Dr Vernon at Gleneagles Intan Medical Centre (GIMC). He is one kind of peadtrician - very chirpy and funny.

We learned that Prevenar Vaccination is a must to protect kids from bad flu and chesty problems. Apparently, it can affect the hearing, throat and brain !

The jab is quite expensive (times 2 .... 2 kids lar...). The sister is fine and now we are monitoring the younger one.

Hopefully no more fever or interrupted sleepless nights for me!

No comments: